Playing ensemble music reminds me of the Tamil Indians. You create something different each time you play with a different group or a different song. I'm looking forward to my newest accompanying project. Four really fun tunes.
Thanks to my Giggle Trio (AKA Tess, Gabriel & Danielle) for sharing these rules of ensemble playing and rehearsing. It's quite the work of art, which I think applies to ALL ensembles:
- No knee pinching.
- No story telling until the end of the rehearsal.
- Try not to giggle so much.
- Listen to everybody's ideas.
- Pay attention.
- Try new stuff.
- If the group is getting too giggly, tell them to stop.
- Listen/look for each other's cues.
- No body checking.
- Have a plan.
- Have fun!!!!!
Personally, I think rule #9 is a classic!
(c) 2009 by The Giggle Trio, Calgary, AB, Canada. Posted with permission.