Last weekend, some of my studio families, friends and I took a beginner taiko drumming workshop. It might sound like an unusual activity for a piano studio, but music is music, regardless of instrument. Besides, nothing challenges your sense of rhythm and coordination like playing percussion in a group.
After five rounds of music group classes, it's time to reflect and review before I start planning for the upcoming year. Lots to mull over.
Reflecting upon what worked and what didn't work so well during this week's music group classes at Musespeak and To the Wind Studios.
- "Mission Impossible" (for sax, clarinet, keyboard and cajon)
- "Numb" by Linkin Park (for voice, keyboard, cajon and bass)
- "Under the Sea" for 4 hands/1 piano, cajon and hand percussion
- "Super Mario Overworld Theme" for piano, cajon and hand percussion
- "Lady Bird" for piano and cajon
- Pia no Jac's version of "Ode to Joy" for piano and cajon
- "Edge of Glory" by Lady Gaga for voice, keyboard, cajon and hand percussion
- "The Athletic Rag" from Super Mario for 4 hands/1 piano, cajon and hand percussion
- "Bless the Broken Road" for piano, guitar and cajon
- "Gerudo Valley Theme" from Zelda for 4 hands/1 piano and cajon
- "Floral Heartstring" by Pia no Jac for piano, cajon and hand percussion
- "When You Believe" for voice, piano and cajon
- "Moves Like Jagger" by Maroon 5 for voice, keyboard and cajon