2018/19 Musespeak Studio Policies Acceptance Form
This is an online form. You may print and/or download the printable version here for your records. Upon completion of the Acknowledgement and Acceptance Form, you will be directed to the online Registration Form.
- In the event that you/your child will be absent from a lesson, please "Cancel Attendance" through the Student Portal. The system will notify the teacher.
- Missed lessons are eligible for rescheduling when a minimum of 24 hours’ advance notice is given. A Make-up Credit will be issued.
- Students may register for a Flex Private Lesson or Flex Class through the Student Portal. Refer to it first when rescheduling, as it has your teacher's updated availability for make-up lessons.
- With short-notice cancellations (less than 24 hours' notice), please call/message your teacher as a courtesy. Short-notice cancellations are ineligible for a Make-up Lesson (Flex Private Lesson or Class).
- Every effort will be made to reschedule student absences due to family emergencies, illness, and extreme weather conditions.
- Family members and friends are allowed at the teacher's discretion. If siblings and friends become disruptive, they will be asked to wait outside.
- In the event that a lesson is cancelled by the teacher, a Make-up Credit or Flex Class will be given.
- Please stay in the Waiting Area or Studio Lab before class.
- Please treat your teacher, other students, studio parents, studio assistants (human and canine), and studio materials with respect.
- Please wash your hands and trim your nails prior to your lesson if needed.
- Your contact information will not be sold to a third party. Note that studio information is stored for administrative purposes on My Music Staff's secure Student Portal and Google Drive as private files.
- 36 weekly private piano/theory lessons will be offered between September 10, 2018 and June 14, 2019.
- 18 bi-weekly private piano lessons will be offered to mature recreational play students between September 10, 2018 and June 14, 2019.
- 15 weekly private piano/theory lessons will be offered to students registered only for the Fall Term.
- 11 weekly private piano/theory lessons will be offered to students registered only for the Winter Term.
- 10 weekly private piano/theory lessons will be offered to students registered only for the Spring Term.
- At least one (1) recital and approximately three (3) piano parties will be offered.
- Drop-in packages, private and group theory lessons, and summer lessons are also available.
- Optional Activities will be available. Full details will be disclosed at Orientation in September.
Group Theory Classes
Theory Classes will be offered for the following subjects:
- RCM Theory 6 (formerly Preliminary Rudiments)
- RCM Theory 7 (formerly Intermediate Rudiments)
- RCM Theory 8 (formerly Advanced Rudiments)
- Level 9 RCM Keyboard Harmony
- Level 9 RCM History & Harmony
- Conservatory Canada Theory 1 (equivalent to RCM Theory 6)
- Conservatory Canada Theory 2 (equivalent to RCM Theory 7)
- Conservatory Canada Theory 3 (equivalent to RCM Theory 8)
- Conservatory Canada Theory 4 (equivalent to RCM Theory 8 & some of RCM Harmony 9)
- Theory classes will be offered when two (2) or more students are interested in a class. Maximum class size is six (6) students.
- RCM & ConCan theory classes will be combined whenever possible.
- 30 weekly theory classes will be offered between September 10, 2018 and May 10, 2018.
- No make-ups will be given for missed group theory classes.
- Private piano tuition fees are equalized and pre-paid over 10 months or three (3) terms.
- Theory class tuition is equalized and pre-paid over eight (8) months or three (3) terms
- Post-dated cheques are due upon registration, or prior to the first lesson for students starting once the school year has begun.
- Delayed tuition payment will result in a $25 Late Fee on EFT tuition payments received after the 10th day of the month.
- Bank charges will apply on bounced cheques or NSF. Original payment & fee must be settled within 3 business days.
- The first eight (8) weeks of classes and the last month are non-refundable.
- Students are expected to commit to the contracted lessons agreed to in their Student Registration Form/Contract. If a student becomes disinterested or frustrated, let us work together to find ways for him/her to enjoy lessons once again before resorting to withdrawing from lessons.
- One month’s written notice is required to terminate lessons prior to the end of the contracted term or one month’s tuition in lieu of notice. If you discontinue lessons on or after May 1, the Studio will retain the remainder of the tuition as an Early Cancellation Fee.
- The Studio reserves the right to deny an application or terminate a student’s registration due to lack of student progress as a result of poor practice habits and/or attitude, abusive behaviour, or if the teacher feels the student is better suited to another teacher, instrument or activity. Unused tuition cheques will be returned or destroyed.